"Islam as an Ethical and Material Practice"
Workshops, conferences 2017
- Date: May 10, 2017
- Location: Utrecht University, Kromme Nieuwegracht 80
- Room: van Ravensteynzaal (Room 1.06)
Conveners: Shaheed Tayob, Birgit Meyer and Peter van der Veer • Co-sponsored by the Max Planck Institute for Religious and Ethnic Diversity and the Department of Religious Studies, Utrecht University.
For more details please contact vdvoffice(at)mmg.mpg.de.
- Peter van der Veer, Director of the MPI for the Study of Religious and Ethnic Diversity in Göttingen, and University Professor at Utrecht University (Panel chair)
- Shaheed Tayob, PhD candidate at Utrecht University
- Samuli Schielke, Research Fellow Leibniz Zentrum Moderner Orient (ZMO), Berlin
- Christian Lange, Professor of Islamic Studies at Utrecht University
11:20-11:40 Coffee Break
- Birgit Meyer, Professor of Religious Studies at Utrecht University (panel chair)
- Patrick Eisenlohr, Professor for Society and Culture of Modern India, Gottingen
- Michael Lambek, Canada Research Chair in Anthropology of Ethical Life, University of Toronto